Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Sneak Peek

We went to Fetal Foto's to get some additional pictures and a 4D ultrasound of JR. It was pretty interesting although we didn't get to see much as he isn't very active. It would have been perfect to do when I was pregnant with Dalaynie but we had so many ultrasounds as it was. This picture was the best they were able to capture due to his placement.

You can see the left side of his face. He has his arm tucked under his chin, as though he's laying on it. His elbow is about on the center of othe picture. The tech said he looks like he's going to have full lips. I'm pretty sure his nose is that of his dads. Hard to believe we're down to 7 weeks 3 days for a baby, assuming I don't go into labor on my own before then. The 'pregnancy dreams' have been something else. Bizarre to say the least! I've dreamt my OB ends up being Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde and uses dirty instruments. I've dreamt I woke up after being sedated for the ceasection and the nurses gave him a bottle & pacifier, even though we specifically said not to. He has somehow become my sisters child, he's started to talk right away (just what we need - two kids with a world of jabbering to do!)

Laynie is doing great. She does what she calls the 'Big Pink Jump' in the swimming pool. She JUMPS in the deep end then swims all the way to the steps (31 feet) without any help or flotation device. It was so much easier to swim with her when she was afraid to be without a 'floaty'. A couple times this last week I've woke up in the morning feeling horrible.. sore and tired. I realized it was the always the day after we were swimming and it was because with her more active in the water on her own I'm more active in the water trying to stay close to her.

I had something really good I was going to write but I just got interrupted by the Kirby Vacuum salesman. Good thing we're still doing the "Total Money Makeover" or we'd be the proud new owners of a $1900 Kirby Vacuum Cleaner. I needed a bagless vacuum. Got a cheap one, don't like it so much. It does an okay job but it isn't fabulous, which is what I want the new carpet in my new house to look like for as long as possible. Long story short my $70 Eureka isn't quite cutting the mustard so I'm watching out for a higher end, quality vacuum for cheap.

Back to where I was - It's hard to believe Dalaynie is almost 3 already. I guess it's true you really get a sense of how fast time goes when you watch your children grow. Before I know JR will be going on 3, Dalaynie will be going on 6 and I'll be trying to find another way to keep her home from school 'just one more year' so she can stay a kid. Which in conversation David doesn't understand the rationale so the kid may be going to kindergarten in 2 years rather then 3 after all. (sniff, sniff & wipe of the eyes). I'm starting to look at alternative options to our school district though. Maybe by then things will be better, more organized and suited to her needs but if not, at least I'll have options.

I was looking on-line at jobs this last week. A benefits company in Scottsdale is looking for an account executive/sr account manager and of course I thought it'd be the perfect job for me. Then I remembered A) I'm SEVEN months pregnant B) The drive would be an hour each way C) I LOVE being home with Dalaynie, and that's the main reason we made the decision to move here. I'm just psycho about this topic. I told David I'd get a job again when both kids are established in school and even then I'm not going to do anything full time. I'm back on the thought of getting my Masters Degree in Special Ed. then when the kids are in school I'll work and have their same breaks. Then I think about the work of going back to school and trying to juggle responsibilities of two kids. Maybe when Laynie starts school I'll go back. Or maybe I'll get my real estate license. Or maybe I'll just wait until the time comes to make a decision....

The weather here has finally cooled off. It's suppose to be between 98 - 103 for highs for the next 10 days. Much better then what we had a few weeks ago! This picture was actually taken the end of June. Two weeks ago we hit 118, THAT'S HOT! I would still take the heat here over the cold in Minnesota though. We turn the car on a couple minutes early to cool it down but we don't need to put 6 layers on to stay warm enough for the trip to the car to start it running to heat it up for a half hour. It's been a bummer to drive past the park and have Laynie reminisce about how much fun she has on the "Blue Slide" but thankfully the mall has a really nice play area that gives her exercise and entertainment. A few more weeks and we'll be outdoor dwellers again for the next 8 months. I'm thankful my husband had the common sense to push the swimming pool as well. It's a great way to wear Laynie out for a nap or bed time as well as just cool down in general!

No comments: