Sunday, August 30, 2009

well.....

summer is coming to an end and my blogging came to another stop. surprise!

We had a fun summer but it went much too quickly. Really... everything is moving much to quickly!

Dalaynie went back to school a few weeks ago. She's officially a 1st grader! She's loving the whole day schedule and says lunch and recess are her favorites. Most days she comes home with more then half of her lunch and wants to finish up in the car on the way home. She's sweet and always shares with Dominick. I asked her why she doesn't finish her lunch and she says "the kids always talk to me". I don't bother to ask who starts the conversations because I realize she is my child...

Dominick and I are adjusting to being home all day without her. Dominick is asking about going to school but I don't see any reason to send him this year. He's got at least 2 years before he starts kindergarten. He and I are headed up to town to join a gym. I figure it's the best way to find something for him to do while I get to do something healthy too. I really liked the YMCA in Ahwatukee but it's sooo not convenient to anything else I would do. I also liked Lifetime and thought Nick had a blast in the play area. Turns out he was completely overwhelmed. They're the best option for us now because they don't have contracts so we can quit without penalty when ever we decide it's not working. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee so we'll try and see how it goes.

I stopped running and am trying to get back into it. I think getting back into a gym based exercise routine will help me physically, emotionally and mentally. In looking at what Lifetime has to offer the only excuse I'll be able to come up with to not exercise will be that I'm sick.

Here are a few of my favorite recent pictures....
This is Nick's "funny" face. Not to be confused with his "cheesy" face. He thinks he's the funniest thing.. EVER!
First day of school. Dominick HAD to be in the picture too. They're so good to each other!
The walk into school on the first day. School started at 8. I think we got there about 7:30. Dominick needed to be right close to Laynie the whole morning.. until he got in on some 'tether ball' with a few of the older kids.
Nick's new BIG BOY bed! David donated our toddler bed to Goodwill while I was in Minnesota and transitioned Nick to his big boy bed. He took him to Wal Mart and let him pick the sheets he wanted. Dominick picked "orange because that's his favorite color". I spent a LOT of hours on line and in stores looking for race car bedding because that's what Nick wanted. I didn't want character bedding though. I found this in the clearance area of Wal Mart and told David he needed to help me convince Dominick he needed it. The colors are PERFECT for the sheets he had (although it came with a set of sheets that Nick won't let us put on his bed - they're not orange) and for his wall color. Plus, it's stinkin cute and organic! Luckily Dominick LOVES it. He's so cute when he says good night to each of the animals!


This is the "cheesy" smile. This was Dominick's first time to the eye doctor. He did really great. I take both of them in as a precaution considering I have lazy eye (or wandering eye as the eye doctor calls it) and David has a family history of it so I want to make sure to deal and correct it as quickly as possible with the kids. Laynie has it slightly in her right eye, not enough for corrective action at this point though. Nick is slightly far sighted, which the doctor said is perfectly normal for his age.
AND.. while I'm on doctors...
Nick went for his 3 year well child. He's at the 25% for height (36") and the 50% for weight (30.6 lbs). He's right where he should be in terms of development.
Laynie will go for her 6 year soon. We all need to get to the dentist. YIKES. I've somehow correlated my mom's death with the dentist, which just adds to my fear. It's become so bad that I gave up my Diet Coke obsession. I dreamt all my teeth rotted and needed to be pulled out. What a nightmare! I can hardly make it through a cleaning without sedation... =(
Well... didn't mean to put this much out. Time to get ready for bed.. the morning comes much too quickly.

No comments: