Thursday, June 22, 2006

Busy Two Year Old

I'm still up so I figured I post about taking my kid to the Science Museum today. I'm pretty sure it's one of her favorite places. I took her in January and she's talked about it several times since then. We had so much fun I decided to buy a membership. We haven't gone due to the 'unexpected' complications with my pregnancy (all better now and 3 more months she'll be blessed with a brother!).

So - I took her today. We went with the neighbor and her 3 year old boy. They had a blast. It was fun to watch the differences in what interested each of them and how they expressed those interests. "Joe", the 3 year old neighbor boy (this isn't his real name, it's being protected for privacy), was interested in BUGS and wanted to look at them.. for a long time. Dalaynie, my kid, (who's name isn't being protected as I'm sure only friends and family will ever read this) was interested in running from station to station randomly. I found myself envious of the parents with older kids (maybe 5 year olds plus) who could actually get their kids to sit and play games or study the exhibits. The only one I could get mine to stay long enough for was the "airplane simulator" and she's been on so many airplanes in her short life it really shouldn't be "cool" to her. (The airplane simulator is like 4 rows of an airplane with two t.v. monitors. On one they show what the plane looks like from the outside taking off and landing.. the other has a narrative with the pilot).

She really liked the planetarium... actually.. they both did. I wish I was one of those people that could look at the sky and find constellations. All I see are a bunch of stars.. and what I usually think is the big dipper is something else! We live in a great area for the night sky. We're in the 'country' so there isn't a whole lot of light pollution. By country I mean the closest mall is a half hour away. Our houses are ten feet apart but we're still in the country!

So -- see why my blog is 'rambling' -- I got off topic. Back to the Busy Two Year Old. I'm use to watching her run through my house. I remember the first few months I was home with her - she'd wear me out bouncing and running all over. I'm use to it now so I guess I forgot how much energy she has! She was a running fool and was so interested in everything.... for about 45 seconds at a time. It was really busy though so her time in her favorite room was cut short. I told her we'd go back very soon. Maybe when my in-laws are here... and my sister. Then I can just sit in a corner and watch as they wear themselves out.

I'm tired now so time to sign off. I'll post more two year old ramblings soon I suppose.

OH -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY H!!

No comments: