After our day at the Science Museum and the fact that I was up until 2 playing around with this thing we made the decision to have a "Day of Nothing/A Dalaynie Day".
Laynie came in my room about 5 am and climbed in bed with me. We slept until Molly woke me to go out at 9:45. It's been a long time since we've done that. We had Cheerios for breakfast - actually Fruit Loops for her and Honey Nut Cheerios for me. The first thing Laynie asked was if she could watch Cinderella. She looked stunned when I said "SURE". Normally we don't watch TV until later in the day or not at all. So - She watched Cinderella then wanted to watch The Fox and the Hound. Again... stunned look when I said "SURE". She asked for a banana so I gave her one. Then she wanted another one so I figured what the heck.. it's healthier then licorice... and let her have it. (This it turned out ended up being a bad idea as she had some smelly poop that she didn't actually control...... ) Anyways, she decided the bananas were her lunch and she didn't want anything else. I decided to have a chicken salad sandwich and some watermelon. My MD cut me off from Tuna, I've found chicken salad to be an okay substitute.. for now.
We spent the afternoon reading books and just 'hanging' out. Dalaynie was a little surprised when I talked to David and she over heard me tell him I wasn't having her take a nap today. "I'm NOT taking a nap today?!" She asked in disbelief. I asked if she wanted to? As she shook her head no her little cheeks jiggled. I love when they do that!
I spent some time posting back and forth on the MOMS CLUB web site we belong to. Thank GOD for the MOMS CLUB! We'd have lots of days like today without them and both my brain and Laynie's would be mush (as opposed to just mine - which some are trying to convince me is just pregnancy related. I really am becoming dumb though).
Late this afternoon we went to the Mail & Copy store in town to send some packages. Then we went to Carls, jr for dinner & an Oreo shake for me. I use to love the local Dairy Queen but my husband ruined that by telling me some kids were eating out of the containers they keep the blizzard ingredients in. I just imagine two 8 year olds picking their noses, going to the bathroom and not washing their hands then digging in the food that was put in my blizzard. YUK YUK YUK!
I'm hoping to get Laynie to bed early so I can get to sleep early. Then maybe tomorrow we can get back into our routine.
This was the 'recap' of our exciting Day of Nothing!
No comments:
Post a Comment