

Well... Dominick has been home almost 2 weeks. We're all adjusting well. I think every day of things I can post then by the time I get on the computer I'm so tired I can't think straight. I remember these days with Dalaynie but somehow they seemed easier. My mom said it's because I'm older now then I was with her. I can't imagine 3 years would really make this much difference... I think it's because everything was so exciting with Laynie, being our first and all.
Dominick is doing awesome. Dalaynie is getting better. In the first 48 hours (that we brought him home) she asked when he was moving. When asked where he'd move she said "AWAY". She also told David "The baby took my life". I'm not sure where she picked that up, I can't imagine they were her own words. She's funny either way.
We took Dominick to the MD the day after we brought him home (he came home August 24), he weighed 4lbs 13.5 ounces. We went back a week later and he weighed in at 5 lbs 9.5 ounces. He has healthy lungs - if you'd like proof shoot me an email, I'd be happy to call in the middle of the night and show you. He's a noisy kid in general. The MD recommended we keep him in our room to sleep for the first year, he'll be lucky if he makes it a couple more weeks. With Dalaynie I'd wake up about every half hour and put my hand on her chest. I don't need to do that with Dominick, we get a series of snorts, snores and/or coos all through the night.
Dalaynie has been in a music class the last couple weeks and starts dance next week. She's excited. We're still mulling over pre-school. She goes for her 3 year check up tomorrow so we'll see what the MD says.
So - This is about all I have the energy for..... My life is on a 3 hour routine and I've spent my 15 minutes to myself updating this!
No comments:
Post a Comment