So.. I learned a very valuable lesson this morning.
To start the story: The other day Laynie was playing with her two grandmas. She was cutting paper, showing them how she knows how. The attention was taken off her, while she had the scissors. Needless to say we figured it out when she asked if someone could fix her dress. She put a couple small holes.. she "just wanted to cut" was her response when asked why she did it. Luckily the holes really are small and with a couple stitches can probably be made to look nearly invisible.
This morning we were getting ready to be "crafty" and I had all the goods out. I got her started on cutting a circle for a bunny head for a "HAPPY EASTER" sign to put on my front door (hoping to ward the Jehovah's Witness' off - another long story about "Miss TOO nice to say NO THANK YOU, I'm Catholic and not interested in praying with you"). Anyways, Dominick is now in the "IF YOUR NOT WHERE I CAN SEE YOU I'M GOING TO SCREAM BLOODY MURDER" phase (assisted by a houseful of family all googled eyes over him this weekend, I'm sure). He was napping in his crib when he woke up and realized he was in there alone and YUP, you guessed "WWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". So, I went to get him and came back to the kitchen where darling Dalaynie was busy being "crafty" when I noticed a chunk of hair on the floor. Luckily she has uneven curly hair anyways so I don't think it's really noticeable. I haven't taken the time to brush her hair to really assess the damage though.
SO.. Moral of the story: Don't leave the 3 year old alone with scissors! Even only for a minute!!
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Dominick is really taking notice of Laynie. It's funny to watch him, his face lights up every time she pays attention to him. When she laughs, he laughs. When she screams, yup he screams too! She cries, he gets concerned. I'm going to buy a digital camcorder and start posting videos on here (assuming I can figure out how to do that and find a secure site I can host the video on). I feel pretty safe doing this as I believe the only people that ever look at my blog are the ones I sent the link to.
Well - I've got one kid sleeping and the other on the way so I must go and start all my fun chores so my husband sees what a value it is to keep me home full time!
No comments:
Post a Comment