Dominick just started "reaching" for me last week. It's funny I forgot how great that felt when Dalaynie did it.... David and I passed him back and forth about twenty times just so we could each experience it over and over again. Dominick was a little confused but was a good sport and went right along with us!
Today he was in his walker (we have a single story - no stair house so no worries about our darling kid crashing down a flight of stairs!) and Laynie walked by him. Right as she got in front of him he stood up and flung his arms out in her direction. She didn't notice so he feel back into his chair and went "AAAHHHH!!!" to get her attention. She turned around and said "HI NICKERBOCKER" and went about her business. He sat there with a half smile toward her then noticed I was looking at him. Then he smiled real big and ...... REACHED FOR ME!
Dalaynie is getting mouthy with her growing independence. In the last couple weeks she's told me :
"You're going to be fired" because I wouldn't give her a treat. I told her "I'm a volunteer, you can't fired the unpaid help".. huh?
"This is your last chance" because I wouldn't give her a treat. I asked her how that could be my last chance when she never gave me any other chances. She told me "it just is!". Sometimes she sounds like my mom!
She gave me the choice of "giving her a treat or taking a nap". I'm no dummy so I told her to get pink blankie that we were taking a nap. I don't think she realized this backfired on her until right before she drifted off to sleep. It sure worked out nice for me though!
She's said more then this.. I just made the mistake of looking at the clock and realizing it's way past my sleepy time.
I'll post again when I have something witty to say! Until then here are a few pictures of our trip to the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago! It was so beautiful!!
No comments:
Post a Comment