Tuesday, January 15, 2008

hmmmmmmmmmm......

It's the middle of the afternoon Laynie is at school and Dominick is napping. I should be working on my "To Do list" of which the top item is "Clean Master Bathroom". I keep catching myself in thought though.

I've been thinking of my dad alot this past month. I miss him dearly. I think about the foundation of how I was raised... honesty, integrity, hard work and a good education were the main beams. I think my parents thought the rest would fall into place. Every now and then I think of my dad's words and "test" myself to see if he'd be proud. I've always been motivated by what my parents think of me and always wanted to be a better person for them. Of course, I'm clearly the one that has reaped the benefits.

I've been struggling with the notion of raising my children and doing it "right". I hope my kids grow up to be happy, honest, hard working adults with integrity. I wonder how am I going to accomplish that. Then I think about my dad and know in my heart, my kids will be fine.

No comments: