SO.. this was my first official Mothers Day *as* as a mom but *without* a mom. =0(
This whole week has been tough.. really tough. Every time a Mothers Day commercial came on I'd cringe and think about how unfair it really is. I miss MY mom. I'm really thankful for Mary.. she's treated me like I was her own ever since the first time we met. I remember the first Christmas I went to Corpus. We had decided not to buy gifts but she said "sorry, I couldn't resist. She gave me all kinds of fun girly things.." Of course, that was the same holiday Jerry said "you and David need a baby.. not a puppy" and look how that worked out... for ALL of us! =0)
Anyways, the day ended up really good. David and I decided to take the kids to evening mass instead of morning mass because he let me sleep in. At first he was going to take Laynie and go himself (Nick can be tough at church and it's just too hot to hang in the parking lot with him) but we decided we'd all go at 5 to the "childrens mass" instead. I spent a lot of the day telling myself it would be okay to "check out" during the part of mass where they honor the moms. SOO.. we went to mass and nothing was said until the end when we found out about the "Mothers Day Brunch" that us evening mass attendees missed. Every laughed a bit, I felt relief. There was a solo of "Ava Maria" which was my dad's "other" favorite song. It was REALLY nice, during communion. I took it as a sign from my dad that all is well with my mom.
I was reading the bulletin and Fr Velasquez had this to say: I think it's a good sign that we can recognize the sacrifice and love which our mother's gave to us. To thank our mom's is good but to imitate their example of sacrifice and love is a great thing. Let's truly honor our mothers by living the life of grace they pray that we live.
LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment