Well.... all I can say is "Time Fly's". Not just this week but time in general. I'm already 28 weeks pregnant and can't believe how fast it's going. My perfect baby is almost 3. It doesn't seem like it was that long I was pregnant with her. I'm trying to figure out a way to slow things down but haven't figured it out... yet!
Laynie's energy never ceases to amaze me and as always we're so busy with the MOMS Club. What a great organization this has been for us in terms of getting us out of the house and around other kids for her and adults for me. I've been getting antsy being home full time and realize I wouldn't have lasted a month without this outlet. We were going to send her to pre-school this fall but have decided to put it off another year. Her birthday falls right after the "kindergarten cut off" but she'd qualify for "early kindergarten" should we decide to send her. I have mixed feelings. I like the way it was in the district I grew up in .... if you weren't 5 by September 1 - you didn't start kindergarten, no exceptions. Apparently the "early kindergarten" program here is just a way for the school district to obtain additional funding. My feelings now are to wait and let her 'relish' her early childhood. There's no turning back once she starts school. Plus, I don't want to be sending a 17 year old off to college when the time comes. Maybe she'll be mature enough to handle it but in reality - she is MY daughter so maturity probably won't hit her until she's in her late 20's.
Molly - our family mutt was diagnosed with Diabetes a couple weeks ago. She's going to need insulin shots for the rest of her life and RX dog food. She's doing so much better now but we're still working on regulating her blood sugar. Being the Type A worry wart freak I am I've been doing a lot of research on canine diabetes. I stressed myself out about her getting glaucoma and not getting to live a good long life. She doesn't have any signs of glaucoma and there's no reason she can't still live a long time. She'll just be a little higher maintenance then she use to be.
All in all she's a great dog though. She's so good with Laynie, who isn't always good with her in return. Laynie loves her to pieces, just gets a little rough with her sometimes. Molly just takes it and wags her tail for more when Laynie walks away from her.
We had my mother & father in law and my sister in town for the 4th of July. I love watching them interact with Dalaynie. She thinks they're the greatest. They spoil her, she puts on a show. Most of the time they were here she wanted to do everything with "Grandma". She wanted to sit by grandma, eat with grandma. She wanted Grandma to take her potty and wash her hands. Anywhere Grandma went, Laynie wanted to be. It brought back memories of when her whole life revolved around her daddy.
David got swimmers ear really bad last week. The MD gave him ear drops and Vicodin for the pain. He was hurting so badly Saturday that I called the Urgent Care MD he saw to see if she could give him anything else. They suggested taking him to the ER. I guess that's healthcare in the South for you. He was having no part of the ER conversation so he suffered until Tuesday morning when he could get in with another MD. Things are getting better -THANKFULLY and we've all learned the importance of drying our ears after swimming in the pool.
Well theres life in the fast lane.....
No comments:
Post a Comment