Thursday, July 20, 2006

She thinks she's a fish

We had a break from swimming due to David's swimmers ear and my allergies. David took Laynie out today for a while. I went out with them for a bit, mostly to get some video of Laynie swimming. I thought she'd be scared again... at least a little bit. By the time I made it out, about a half hour after her and David she was happily treading water in the middle of the pool with her little head poking up. I got in the water and she wanted to swim to me.... She's got enough strength now to hold herself up. She was coming toward me when she became distracted. David told her to kick her feet and move her hands and keep breathing. She was busy looking at the sky. I went to grab her but she pushed my hand away. "LOOK, a butterfly" she was pointing to a yellow MOTH (or what looked like a moth anyways). She's so pleased with herself. I had to try hard not to panic, luckily it was flying away from us. She's so proud of herself.... I'm proud of her too!

We went to the Science Center again this week. I was neurotic with hand sanitizer this time. I told some of the other moms we were with we were NOT taking strep throat with us again. We got to spend more time in Laynie's favorite room. Actually, most of our time was spent there. Once again I spent most of my time chasing her from activity to activity. I don't mind though... I'm beginning to realize that in a couple short months it won't be just Laynie I'll be taking care of. I hope I'm a good enough mom to handle two and get them both what they need.

We're signing Laynie up for music lessons in a couple weeks. The class is going to be similar to Kindermusik, which we had a great time doing. I think she'll really enjoy it, I hope she does anyways. We've decided to wait on pre-school for this year. I'm still torn about the whole kindergarten start time but figure I have at least two more years to stress myself out about it. Best case scenario is that the cut off will be changed to September 1. December 31 is just crazy, in my opinion.

We're down to less then 10 weeks for baby boy. Could time be passing any quicker?! On the bright side I think this is the first summer in my entire life that I haven't been stressed because summer is half over and it's going to be cold again soon. YIKES I hate the cold weather. I hear about the 'heat wave' all over the US and laugh a little. The average high this past month was almost 108. It sure didn't seem like what I imagined it would.

The battery on my laptop is almost drained so I guess that means my story for the day is over.

No comments: