Monday, July 03, 2006

Busy Week!!

Where does the time go? This past week seems to be yet another blur of time in the "Days of My Life". Our last week was busy... this week ahead of us, busy also.

We picked up my in-laws at the airport Wednesday morning and spent the day just hanging out. They had the pleasure of watching Cinderella... I've learned to just tune it out. After seeing it at least 30 times I still can't tell you many of the details.

Laynie had her recital on Wednesday. She performed wonderfully. I almost shed a tear thinking of her being all grown up, dancing to her hearts content. I attribute the emotions to hormones though... they don't normally come that easily. I was really happy my mother & father-in-law were able to be in town to see her. Grandma made her a bouquet of flowers with some lollipops. Laynie was very pleased with that.

Thursday we went on a MOMS Club activity in the morning and shopping in the afternoon. Dalaynie got another 'princess' dress, a Barbie one this time. Really frilly and pink. She loves it and I love the break from Cinderella. That evening we went to Fetal Fotos to get some 4D pictures of the 'bun in the oven'. He wasn't very compliant... the only thing he was willing to show off was the fact he is a boy. We get to go back in a few more weeks to see if we can get some better pictures. The bummer of the deal was we took my in-laws as Mothers Day, Fathers Day and birthday presents (Yes, I lack in gifts).

I don't remember what we did Friday... I guess that was too long ago. In the evening David's cousins family came to swim and visit. It was fun... we always like having people to swim with.

Saturday David & I went to a hotel for the night. It was nice. We went to dinner at a Thai restaurant.... I forgot what it was like to be able to eat a meal, in a restaurant, without "speed eating". The dining out experience is a lot different with and without a 2 year old.

Sunday we had another day of swimming and family. Laynie decided she no longer needs floats to swim and is no longer afraid of the water. Unfortunately, this brought out a whole new anxiety I knew nothing of. Needless to say she'll be starting swim lessons in the near future. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she 'thinks' she can swim... and can actually tread water for a couple seconds... I just worry that her brave new attitude will make her forget the golden rule in our house of not going to the backyard without an adult.

I had my glucose test today for my pregnancy. Hard to believe I'm already starting my 27th week. The time has just flown. It will be interesting to see what my test result will be. My blood sugar was really low with Laynie. I'm a little older now though and don't have 'high' hopes for a repeat. Especially considering I don't feel well after I 'sugar' up.

Well... Gotta get Laynie to bed. I'll try to post more again soon!

No comments: