Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Late Night Post

It's middle of the night..... 2 am to be exact. I was going to sell Discovery Toys but with the transition of our move last year I never quite "got there". The 'sales manager' I would sell under is in the process of adopting a baby boy from Colombia. They have a Caring Bridge web site that I've been reading for the past month or so. It's very interesting to read of their journey through adoption. Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted to adopt.

While I was there I started browsing around the site (waiting for Dominick to give me a big "it's time for bed now burp"). I came across the site of a little boy that passed away after 6 months. That led to the site of another little boy that passed after 4. Both boys suffered from Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I admire the courage, faith and love of their parents.

While I was looking I found myself reflecting on this past year. It was just over a year ago we found out we were expecting. Just under a year ago I miscarried. I remember being devastated with the loss. The only thing I found comfort in was thinking my friend, Murphy, couldn't 'go it alone' and her purpose in this world was to help him on his way. Although things didn't work out the way I wanted with that pregnancy I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have experienced it.

The preemie is now sleeping comfortably on my chest. He's so perfect and beautiful. Stunning, just like his sister. His cry is starting to change from the 'newborn' cry and it appears his personality is more like mine then Dalaynies was when she was a baby (she was easy going, like her dad - key word being WAS). When he wants something it's RIGHT NOW. He cried tears for the first time on Saturday. Not the big crocodile ones but enough to get both his eyes good and wet.

Dalaynie has learned the joy of chocolate and candy. She thinks she deserves a snack after each and every meal. I've been bribing her to eat for so long and now I have to find something new. We ran over to Weight Watchers this evening so I could do my weekly weigh in. Somehow, despite an entire bag of Almond Joy bite size candy bars (1600 calories/90 grams of fat) on Saturday, and a whole slew of other candy throughout the week I managed to lose 3.4 lbs. On the way home Laynie said "My eyes were wet but now they're not". I asked why her eyes were wet and she said "Because before we went to weight watchers I wanted a piece of chocolate and you said NO (because I wanted it for myself). But after I eat my Taco Bell (This is what we had for dinner.. another no-no) I can have some chocolate" Never in my life did I think I'd have the words "Chocolate, Taco Bell and Weight Watchers" apply to the same 1 hour time span. Oh Well!

Dominick is now snoring so it's time to hit the hay.

"Trunk or Treat" with MOMS Club -- She wanted to be Ariel so we convinced her to be Ariel "bride". If you ask her she'll tell you she can get married after she graduates from Medical School (that's when she can have a baby too).

"Pea in a Pod" -- fitting considering a Pea could potentially kill his mom! This outfit was just too cute to pass up though. I was going to put him in Laynie's "Hot Pepper" from her first Thanksgiving but didn't want to dig through the 38 boxes of girl clothing we have to find it.

No comments: