
I'm pretty sure this is what our son is going to become when he grows up. He had his 2 month check up last Friday. He weighed in at 9lb 7.5 ounces and measured 21.5 inches. That'd be 5 lbs and 4.5 inches in just 2 months. The more he fills out the more he looks like Dalaynie. To us he's huge, to people that aren't around him often he's tiny. A close friend of ours just had a baby (her due date was 5 days before Dominick, her son was born the day before he was "scheduled"). Her baby was born at 9lb 9 oz. My niece was 9lb 15 oz and one of my best friends had a 10lb 2oz child. I just can't imagine..... I'd have loved to have a big, healthy, robust baby - it just wasn't in the 'plan' for us. (Of course, Dalaynie was almost 8 lbs, which is big for Colorado considering the elevation).
I've started to see the difference between a boy and a girl already.
When Dalaynie had her first set of shots she cried for about 40 minutes. Dominick let out enough of a scream to let everyone know he really wasn't happy with what was going on and that was it. He had the 4 they usually have, his Hep B and a mouth swap for Roto Virus. We're trying to get him approved for Synagis, which is an immunization for RSV. I researched this and decided it'd be in his best interest considering we're so so active with MOMS Club and he has a 3 year old sister that constantly has her fingers in his face.
Our latest visitor was my sister, Jeanine, and her daughter, Angelique. Dalaynie loovvved her cousin and said "I wanted to keep Angelique and she said she wanted to keep me. I sure do miss her". Jeanine made her a blanket that she calls her "Beanie Blanket". She shared it with Dominick tonight.. for about 2 minutes.
We took Molly to the vet last week. Her diabetes seems to be under control and we can now give her 'fiber' treats. It's nice to be able to offer something to make her feel like a good dog again. She was excited to get one and didn't seem to mind that it's a "diet" dog treat. She's getting back to herself more and more each day. We've been trying to walk her more also.
The weather is starting to cool down. The days are like 'Minnesota summer days' now. I must admit I find myself a little chilly when the thermometer drops below 85. I figure I have about 2 months to lose my pregnancy weight so I don't have to buy new clothes. I still don't understand how I can have 20 lbs to lose when I delivered 7 weeks early. Actually.... it's David's uncles fault for being a bad influence with DQ, which I'd really like to have right now.
Well I'm starting to ramble and I have a sinkful of dishes to take care of tonight. We're having some of the MOMS over for taco dinner tomorrow. YUMMY!
No comments:
Post a Comment