Monday, October 20, 2008

We got out and about this weekend!

We had a busy, busy weekend! On Saturday we decided to take the kids to the state fair. Mind you, we're not crowd people so we didn't think we'd last all but a couple hours. We're also not very patient, especially when it comes to standing in lines in the heat. Our kids don't wait well either... Anyways, we decided to go early before it got too hot (still in the mid 90's here in sunny AZ).

We had the BEST time and ended up staying from 11:00 - 6:30. Uncle Jim is coming to visit us, I told David I was going to take him with the kids. David said if I did he was going to try to meet up with us. Considering we couldn't get out of Disneyland or Lego Land quick enough because of all the people we figure this is HUGE. I don't think we saw even half of what the fair had to offer!

We got there and watched part of a monkey show then decided to walk around a little bit. We went and checked things out.. the kids did the little 'fishing game', they were both so happy to pick their dollar store quality prizes! They had so much fun that they played again later in the day. After fishing we decided to find the rides. The kids went on a bunch and had a blast! David tried to talk Laynie into going on a roller coaster but she refused (like mother, like daughter). We've come to the conclusion Nick will be his roller coaster buddy. Dominick LOVED the rides -- it was so amazing to watch him. He'd get off each one and RUN to me screaming "FUN FUN FUN". It was the best! Sometimes I treat him and expect him to act like a little baby.

After the rides we headed for the food, which we were surprised wasn't way overpriced. We had beef brisket and the kids had hot dogs for lunch then we all split a heaping mound of french fries and onion rings. YUM! YUM! YUM!

After lunch we headed into the exhibit building to see what was being sold. Laynie, my Food Network junkie and I got looped into sitting and watching a demonstration for Kitchen Craft "Waterless" Cooking system. With promises of the chance to win a free prize we stuck it out for the whole demonstration. The cookware was really nice and probably something I'd have "needed" if we were a two income family. David and Dominick wandered around through the building and found a water hose concept, vegemixer and I don't remember what else. OH.. he had a handwriting analysis done. In a nutshell it said he's a pretty good guy. We already knew that but in the spirit of the fair it was good fun!

After this we headed to the arts/crafts/baking exhibits. I might need to enter next year with some of my homemade jams!! I did say we were into the fair, right?!!! When this became too boring we headed for the 'animal' buildings. Both kids loved the livestock. Nick was especially fond of the cages.. you know anything with horizontal lines is a ladder in his world! After spending time here I decided I want to get the kids involved in 4H. How fun would THAT be for them?? HA HA Did I mention we LOVED the fair??

We finally met up with the cousins about 4:30. We took a small breather then decided to head for the kids areas. We spent the last couple hours in a building for kids.. David had a nice chance to catch up some while I chased our overactive son around. After this Vic & Mar wanted to head for the "Petting Zoo". We saw the crowd and decided it wasn't for us. That and all the germs.... ICK!

We got home about 7:30, had a quick dinner and put the kids to bed (it was a no nap day...). Then David and I had a piece of cheesecake with cherry topping my friend Joanna gave us. It was the PERFECT end to a perfect day!!!

On Sunday we planned to go to the zoo then a minor league hockey game. I fell asleep during the afternoon so David decided to let me sleep. I guess he sees the affects of 4 hours/night coming through and figured it best to let me rest. We headed for the game, thinking we'd be lucky to make it through the first period. We stayed the WHOLE game and ALL had a BLAST!! It was SOOO fun! We had tickets for a game in December but decided to buy for a few more games! Hopefully they'll all go like this. We talked to a guy that's really involved in the Peoria Hockey Club and he said we could start our kids at age 4. David told Laynie she could play and she said "NO THANKS". I could TOTALLY see little Nick all suited up and ready to go. I think hockey might be the ticket for him!!

Now that I'm thinking of all this I realize why I'm so exhausted today! With this time for me to get...

TTFN!

No comments: