I meant to update this a few days ago but time just keeps getting away from me. Uncle Jim has been here this week for a visit. We had lots of fun things planned to see and do. Unfortunately, Nick got sick again so we didn't do much but hang out here. We did make it to the Desert Botanic Gardens the day before I took him to the MD.
Turns out the poor little thing has pneumonia again. Thankfully it's in his lower RIGHT lobe this time or I'd have had an anxiety attack. This is the fourth time in his two short years of life. The first three were in his lower left lobe. Anyways, he's on antibiotics for 10 days and we go back for a follow up x-ray and appointment with his pediatrician. If the x-ray shows the spot still there we'll probably just schedule an appointment with a pediatric pulmonologist. I'm not sure how we'll proceed if it's cleared up. We're so early in the season for this to be happening. It gave me a really good glimpse of what my parents had to deal with and the sacrifices they made for us. It's hard with one "wheezy" kid, I can't imagine having three! I'll post again next week to update what the situation is. Until then I refuse to stress over something that is beyond my control.
SO... I posted another slide. It's after this long post.
Our neighbors and close friends, Chris and Dutch have a little grand-daughter who is fighting a form of brain cancer. My good friend and neighbor, Tisha, and I decided to see if they wanted to come hang out with us in the street and watch Laynie & Kyle ride bikes in the afternoon. It ended up turning into an all evening thing with pizza ordered and margarita's and beer consumed. It was really laid back and steam and stress was released by us all.
David went and spent some much needed time with his friends in Dallas the next day. Kids and I went to a pumpkin patch & apple orchard with my friend Joanna and her family. It was a BLAST although a long drive (3 hours each way!). The kids seemed to like being in the 'country'. We decided to do a corn maze and hay ride. Laynie was so excited for the hay ride she could hardly contain herself. We went in the maze first though, the worker told us the rules; no touching the corn, no pulling the corn, no breaking the corn, stay on the path. She said she was a "corn cop" and there were other corn cops in the maze. If we were caught breaking the rules they might have us leave the maze. Of course, we stressed this so the kids would be respectful and we wouldn't need to spend the time reminding them. The workers stern warning and Laynie's lack of nap was the perfect combination to push my poor child right over the edge. We got about 100 feet into the maze and she lost her poor little mind and started screaming she was scared and wanted out RIGHT NOW. It took a little prodding to get her to say she was afraid the corn cops would get us so we reassured her (so we thought) that all would be fine. A couple minutes later she started screaming because Ben brushed against some corn, then Dominick, then Laine. If memory serves me she finally settled down when we ran across the woman who told her it was okay.
After the corn maze we went on a hay ride to the pumpkin patch. ALL the kids really liked this. Little Ezra (Joanna & Ben's 20 month old) kept walking from side to side of the trailer as the tractor was moving. He's so cute!
We also went to an apple orchard and had a picnic. It was fun. The kids played in the orchard a little and we had a little homemade ice cream. I'm going to try to make some with my kitchen-aid ice cream attachment. YUM YUM. They had apple crumb cake and pumpkin pie ice cream!
This week we took it easy. Uncle Jim and David went to a Coyotes hockey game and had fun. Kids dressed up as an Ice Skating Princess and a Hockey Player for halloween. They were both sooo cute. We went to a Halloween Festival sponsored by one of our local churches Friday night for a few hours. It was fun! They had games for the kids and a few bouncy things. Members of their church were gracious enough to park their cars and pass candy from the trunks. We live in a great community with so many generous people! As the festival got busy we decided to head home so we came back and trick or treated a few blocks. Even though we were home late and only out for about an hour we went through 4 bags of candy! Not too shabby!
I'm tired and need to get sleep.
OH.. one more thing! I've been doing apple stuff this weekend! I made homemade applesauce (YUM), carmel apple jam and now I'm making some apple butter! I have a bunch of apples left so I need to decide what to do with them. Probably I'll make some cinnamon apple jam.
TTFN,
JP
No comments:
Post a Comment