YIPPEE... no sign of pneumonia in his lung after 10 days on antibiotics. What a relief! We decided to go ahead and give him the "pneumonia shot" though, hopefully it will keep us from this again. David's going to take him for some blood work to see if he has a genetic predisposition to catching it. With my lung history I won't be surprised if it comes back positive. In the meantime we're going to continue with the "nebby" until spring. The bright side of that is he tolerates it a lot better then before.
I've started trying to get Christmas pictures... here's a little preview of some of the pictures... TURKEYS! or should I say "NICK is a turkey!"
I can't imagine what's going to happen when I try to add Molly into the picture! Maybe I'll take a class on Photoshop or something......
Both kids are doing great. Laynie got her "mid term" report from school and continues to excel. She's scored 99.6% for this quarter so far. It's really fun to hear her read and actually sound out words. She's also doing pretty well with piano lessons although they end up being the last thing we work on. She's LOVING religious education (who thought THAT would end up being her favorite?!). She just started "running club" at school this afternoon. I tried to get her to join a few weeks back but her response each time was "no thanks". Then she found out one of her BFF's was going to try it and she was all about it! I took her to Kohls for shoes (something I won't do again with both kids anytime soon!). She picked the ones she wanted and told the cashier "These are my new running shoes. I'm in the running club at school now". The cashier asked how she liked it and she said "I haven't started yet". That was Monday and we slept through the first meeting. She and Nick were both asleep when we should have left so I decided to let lying beasts lie!
Nick is "NICK". Funny as ever. I'm working on having him spell his name. He either says "N O P Q.. NICK" or "N I C K .. L M N O P Q ... NICK" He's as dramatic as ever. I'm working more on potty training also. I think if I just buckled down and did it we could be finished with diapers in a day or two. LAZY mom prevails and he ends up in diapers by mid morning. I got him Elmo and Thomas big boy underwear a couple months ago because he REFUSED to poop in his diaper. He'd chant POOP POOP POOP until he was put on the toilet. I thought "Easy STREET, just like Laynie, this kid will be potty trained by 2". HAHAHAHA The minute I pulled out the Elmo's or the Thomas's he decided the game was over. I'm not sure what the hang up is but he still isn't too keen on them and I'm still too lazy to push it. I've started giving him "NMN's" as he calls them when he goes on the toilet.
He's finished with Tiny Tot Sports and his preschool class now. Each time we drive by the school his class was at he says "Nick Peekool". He got a certificate of completion for his class after a class party at the local Baskin Robbins!



Hopefully we'll have something like it to entertain ourselves with after the new year.
Anyways, I had no intention of writing a book. I should be packing for a trip back to Minnesota. Nothing fun to report this time. I told my sisters I'd help with whatever they need in terms of taking care of my moms "life". I'm going this weekend to inventory the items she had. Hard times but it all needs to be taken care of.
I miss her terribly but don't think I've yet fully accepted that she's "crossed over". I think I was lucky in talking to her as often as I did. I was able to hear her pain when I talked to her. She'd cough something fierce and moan without even realizing it. I'd comment that she didn't sound good and she'd say "I'm fine". I'm happy to have had the relationship I did with her. I know she respected me as a mother and was proud of the adult I grew to be.
Dalaynie has broken down at the strangest times and when I ask what's wrong she says "I'm thinking of Grandma Marilyn and I really miss her". I ask what made her think of her and her answer is usually "I remember when she held me when I was a baby" or "She sent Nick and I nice presents for our birthdays". I wish I'd have lived close enough for her to develop a 'physical' relationship with my mom but am thankful for the insight to have her on the phone a couple times/week, just to say hello. I know Nick won't remember anything of her but I'm glad my mom heard him sing his "ABC's", "TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR", "AMEN" and mostly "ALLELUIA" (just because it was SOOO bad it was good!). Laynie asks about sending her pictures and cards and often draws pictures of "grandma Marilyn with angel wings". The last one she drew she had a boy looking figure in the corner. She explained to me "That's God, he's taking care of Grandma Marilyn now". She suggests we mail pictures to heaven. I never really know what to say... I've thought about taking them, letting her address as she wishes then putting them into a memory box for her. I figure if she doesn't remember my mom down the line at least when she grows up and looks back at the stuff we saved she'll remember she once knew.
She's also been asking a lot of questions about my dad. She can't grasp the concept that both my parents have left this world. She keeps saying "PaPa Paul" can be your dad. We pray for both of them a couple times a day by her request. She likes to say the "Lords Prayer" but once asked to say the "dinner prayer" for my dad. I laughed and thought.. yeah, she knows him!
Anyways, I didn't mean to take this tangent.
TTFN
Both kids are doing great. Laynie got her "mid term" report from school and continues to excel. She's scored 99.6% for this quarter so far. It's really fun to hear her read and actually sound out words. She's also doing pretty well with piano lessons although they end up being the last thing we work on. She's LOVING religious education (who thought THAT would end up being her favorite?!). She just started "running club" at school this afternoon. I tried to get her to join a few weeks back but her response each time was "no thanks". Then she found out one of her BFF's was going to try it and she was all about it! I took her to Kohls for shoes (something I won't do again with both kids anytime soon!). She picked the ones she wanted and told the cashier "These are my new running shoes. I'm in the running club at school now". The cashier asked how she liked it and she said "I haven't started yet". That was Monday and we slept through the first meeting. She and Nick were both asleep when we should have left so I decided to let lying beasts lie!
Nick is "NICK". Funny as ever. I'm working on having him spell his name. He either says "N O P Q.. NICK" or "N I C K .. L M N O P Q ... NICK" He's as dramatic as ever. I'm working more on potty training also. I think if I just buckled down and did it we could be finished with diapers in a day or two. LAZY mom prevails and he ends up in diapers by mid morning. I got him Elmo and Thomas big boy underwear a couple months ago because he REFUSED to poop in his diaper. He'd chant POOP POOP POOP until he was put on the toilet. I thought "Easy STREET, just like Laynie, this kid will be potty trained by 2". HAHAHAHA The minute I pulled out the Elmo's or the Thomas's he decided the game was over. I'm not sure what the hang up is but he still isn't too keen on them and I'm still too lazy to push it. I've started giving him "NMN's" as he calls them when he goes on the toilet.
He's finished with Tiny Tot Sports and his preschool class now. Each time we drive by the school his class was at he says "Nick Peekool". He got a certificate of completion for his class after a class party at the local Baskin Robbins!
Hopefully we'll have something like it to entertain ourselves with after the new year.
Anyways, I had no intention of writing a book. I should be packing for a trip back to Minnesota. Nothing fun to report this time. I told my sisters I'd help with whatever they need in terms of taking care of my moms "life". I'm going this weekend to inventory the items she had. Hard times but it all needs to be taken care of.
I miss her terribly but don't think I've yet fully accepted that she's "crossed over". I think I was lucky in talking to her as often as I did. I was able to hear her pain when I talked to her. She'd cough something fierce and moan without even realizing it. I'd comment that she didn't sound good and she'd say "I'm fine". I'm happy to have had the relationship I did with her. I know she respected me as a mother and was proud of the adult I grew to be.
Dalaynie has broken down at the strangest times and when I ask what's wrong she says "I'm thinking of Grandma Marilyn and I really miss her". I ask what made her think of her and her answer is usually "I remember when she held me when I was a baby" or "She sent Nick and I nice presents for our birthdays". I wish I'd have lived close enough for her to develop a 'physical' relationship with my mom but am thankful for the insight to have her on the phone a couple times/week, just to say hello. I know Nick won't remember anything of her but I'm glad my mom heard him sing his "ABC's", "TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR", "AMEN" and mostly "ALLELUIA" (just because it was SOOO bad it was good!). Laynie asks about sending her pictures and cards and often draws pictures of "grandma Marilyn with angel wings". The last one she drew she had a boy looking figure in the corner. She explained to me "That's God, he's taking care of Grandma Marilyn now". She suggests we mail pictures to heaven. I never really know what to say... I've thought about taking them, letting her address as she wishes then putting them into a memory box for her. I figure if she doesn't remember my mom down the line at least when she grows up and looks back at the stuff we saved she'll remember she once knew.
She's also been asking a lot of questions about my dad. She can't grasp the concept that both my parents have left this world. She keeps saying "PaPa Paul" can be your dad. We pray for both of them a couple times a day by her request. She likes to say the "Lords Prayer" but once asked to say the "dinner prayer" for my dad. I laughed and thought.. yeah, she knows him!
Anyways, I didn't mean to take this tangent.
TTFN
No comments:
Post a Comment