Our week has been good. Dalaynie took a written phonogram test and came home with 15/15 on the sounds and 10/10 on her handwriting. I was skeptical because this weeks test had 5 phonograms for the sound "er" (hER, nURse, EARly, WORks, fIRst). Fun times with the phonogram based learning...
I've decided "motivated mom" needs to step in and get Nick potty training. He's more then ready and has been for some time. I'm not quite as motivated as I play scenarios of using public bathrooms everywhere we go again. Hopefully he won't be terrified of automatic flush toilets like Laynie. He started the day wearing Elmo underwear and finished with his Thomas ones. I got him to wear the Elmo's by saying "Let's go show Elmo your underwear". Thankfully Sesame Street was on and he complied!
Today marks the 3rd anniversary of the loss of my good friend, Murphy. =( I've been a little crabbier and out of sorts this week. If the afterlife is what I imagine it to be he's up there with my dad happy to have my mom around. I see them playing cards and remembering back to the good ole days. The only things they may be missing in my "perfect" world are cigarettes and alcohol.... Over the past couple years I've really opened my eyes to how toxic substance use/abuse really is and how many people are affected by it in ways they don't even realize.
I'm really missing my mom too. I made her spaghetti sauce for us for dinner last night. It turned out really well, I was proud of myself. We had leftovers tonight and it was even better. I'm thankful I picked up her love for cooking and baking. Hopefully with more practice I'll become as good as she was and Laynie and Nick will be able to pass it down more generations.
No comments:
Post a Comment